Top 6 Best Juicers in India 2020 with Pros & Cons
Juice is said to be synonymous to the term ‘health’ in many ways.
Not only is this an ongoing trend due to the Coronavirus havoc haunting the world, but also because it has been a bearer of good health since forever.
Different types of juices, different kinds of benefits.
But what about different types of machines?
What do they bring to the table?
Let’s hear it from the mouths of experts themselves.
In this blog we shall cover:
- Types of Best Juicer in India
- Best juicer models along with their pros and cons
- Things to look out for when buying a juicer for home
- Care tips for juicers
- Benefits of drinking juice everyday
Types of Best Juicers in India 2020
In general, there are 3 main types of juicers:
1. Centrifugal Juicers
These are the most common, and rather economical pieces of juicing equipment.
The functioning is simple. It has a feeding tube through which the fruits/vegetables to be juiced can be pushed down into the container.
The container contains a fast-moving blade, which cuts through the fruits to get the juice out.
The centrifugal forces then push the juice towards the end of the container, from where it can be collected in a glass, or a jug.
The problem with these types of juicers is that although they are great for the pockets, and juicing fruits, they don’t seem to work as efficiently with the fibrous veggies.
2. Masticating Juicers
These single gear juicers India are slower, but most efficient when it comes to juicing out the greens.
Not only do they help retain all the essential nutrients of the food, but also extract more juice out of it.
That is why, these juicers are also good for making nut butters, baby cereals, and fruit sorbets.
They cost more than the centrifugal ones for obvious reasons.
But if you are more into dieting, and fibrous juices, then this is the best choice for you.
3. Triturating Juicers
The last but certainly not the least, the next type of best juicer in India are the triturating juicers.
Although these types of juicers possess a lot of similarity to the masticating juicers, the one thing that sets them apart is the 2-gear mechanism.
This mechanism helps it to grind the fruits/veggies into very small pieces, getting the most juice out of any ingredient.
Also, they keep the fruits/veggies exposed to the least amount of heat, allowing for minimum oxidation, and keeping the juice fresh for a longer time.
Therefore, you can pre-prepare your favourite juice sometime before you actually wanna consume it, without any worry of it turning bitter.
Top 6 Models With Brand of Best Juicers in India with Pros & Cons
The next step would be naming some models in each category, so you can pick out the best portable juicer in India without a fuss.
1. Sujata Powermatic plus 900 Watts Juicer Mixer Grinder
- Standing as one of the best juicers India, is this powerhouse by Sujata.
- It comes with an ultra-strong motor of 900 watts, and double bearings for top efficiency.
- The RPM ( rotation per minute) of the appliance is 22000 rounds/min, with a running time of 90 minutes.This ensures high extraction, and more juice.
- The device is also shockproof, which makes it perfectly secure to use anywhere, anytime.
- The blades of the jar are made of stainless steel, ensuring durability and finer results.
- The honeycomb mesh makes it easier to extract more product juice.
The powermatic plus is undoubtedly one of the top 10 juicers in India currently.
Not just homes, it can be used commercially in juice parlours, or hotels too.
|Good for juicing fruits and veggies.||Makes a bit of mess.|
|Ergonomic design and rotators.|
|Stainless steel blades.|
|Transparent and unbreakable jar.|
2. Philips Viva Collection HR1832/00 1.5-litre 500-Watt Juicer
- Make the juicing process more interesting with this Philips juicer. The see-through pulp container not only makes the appliance look classy, but also makes juicing more fun.
- The best part about this unit it it’s Quick Clean Technology. It makes the cleaning process a child’s play with smooth edged sieves. Just take a regular kitchen sponge and clean the device like a pro.
- Also, the pulp collector is designed to collect all the pulp in a single place so you don’t have to look for it everywhere to clean.
- All the parts of the best juicer in India are dishwasher safe.
- Comes with a unique part called ‘Drip stop’ to ensure no juice drips.
- 1.5 L of large storage for quicker juicing.
- 500 watt high-power motor for crushing all the fruits and veggies efficiently.
|Drip stop feature makes it less messy.||Small pulp collector.|
|Bold and beautiful design, perfect for modern kitchen.||Bit noisy.|
|Quickclean technology for easy cleaning and disposal of waste.|
|Dishwasher safe parts.|
3. Usha Nutripress (362F) 240-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
Now this one is the master of its own category – the best cold press juicer in India.
- The low temperature juicing not only extracts more juice out of whole or uncut fruits efficiently, but also makes the juice taste better.
- Detachable parts make it easy to store when not in use.
- The blade speed is as low as 65 rpm to get each and every drop out of those juicy fruits.
- Since this juicer uses the cold press technology, all the nutrients, enzymes, and vitamins stay intact, promoting a healthier you.
- Large collection bowl to hold sufficient amount of juice at a time.
- Can juice anything from hard nuts, to leafy veggies, grains, and frozen desserts.
- 240 watts motor power.
|Great juice yield.||Slow customer service.|
|Can crush all types of fruits and vegetables.||Harder to clean.|
|Compact design.||Low maximum usage time.|
|Large collection bowl.|
4. Sujata Powermatic PM 900-Watt Juicer
Another one from the same category is this best portable juicer in India by Sujata.
- Powered by a 900-watt motor that helps in extraction of fruit juices very efficiently.
- The rotation speed of 22000rpm and run time of 90 minutes helps crush down the ingredients finely.
- The honeycomb mesh filter ensures a higher yield.
- The juicer comes with a detachable pulp collector that can make the cleaning process easy.
- Stainless steel blades of the jar promises finer yields and durability.
- Comes with double insulation for protection against electrical shocks and mishappenings.
|High strength steel blade for finer juice extraction.||Noisy.|
|Transparent and unbreakable jar.|
|Can extract fruit and vegetable juices.|
5. Panasonic MJ-68M 220-Watt Centrifugal Juicer
For those who want to try out centrifugal type of juicers, this one by Panasonic surely makes it to the list of the best juicers in India.
- The 220 watt motor can work around the speed of 12500 rpm to quickly produce fresh juices.
- The skilfully crafted stainless steel blades of the juicer helps crushing the fruits more efficiently and finely.
- The Panasonic juicer comes with a large 600 mL container that can work well for family gatherings or parties.
- Safety lock clamp to ensure no mishappenings take place during accidental switching on of the power button.
- Built-in circuit breaker for protection against electricity fluctuations.
- Rust-proof body to deliver efficiently for an extended period of time.
|Rust-proof body.||A bit unstable.|
|Large plastic container.|
|Excellent extraction of fruits and juices.|
|Compact and ergonomic design.|
6. Prestige PCJ 7.0 500-Watt Centrifugal Juicer
One of the top brands in the market of appliances, Prestige has to offer us one of the top 10 juicers in the market.
- This one comes equipped with a 500 watt motor for a super fine performance.
- The sharp blades made of utilitarian stainless steel cuts through fruits like butter.
- The ABS plastic and stainless steel built, moulded into an urban design makes it a perfect fit for modern Indian kitchens.
- Anti-skid feet help maintain the balance of the machine even during high rotations for a noise free functioning.
- The dual locking system and the rotary switch makes it extra safe to use.
|Beautiful body, amazing design.||Harder to clean.|
|Stainless-steel blade for efficient extraction of juices.||Lower yield.|
|Dual-locking system for extra safety.|
|Extra wide mouth to fit whole fruits.|
|Large capacity and anti-drip feature.|
Things to Look Out for in the Best Juicer in India
Once you have zeroed in a juicer of your choice from the tips above, you can now proceed on to keep an eye out for your favorite features in your selected model.
- Juicing Yield – As dry as the pulp gets, the more extraction has it gone through. Look out for machines that produce dry pulp, and extract the best amount of juice it can.
- Speed of Rotation – The speed of the best juicer in India decides their versatility. The ones with the lower speeds, like centrifugal ones can extract a great amount of juice out of fruits. But for veggies, we need a juicer with a higher RPM.
- Design & Usability – Choosing a machine that looks the part too, only motivates you to use it more. Moreover, a cool design, and simple mechanics along with a transparent pulp collector looks fancy in a modern kitchen setup.
- Safety Features – The best cold press juicer in India, or actually any juicer should have certain safety limits set. Like a safety clamp, shock-proof body, in-built stabilizer, etc.
- Size – A juicer which can be dismantled or is compact is best for use in low counter-space kitchens. So make sure you select a model keeping in mind the space in your kitchen.
- Noise Level – No one likes it too noisy where you have to scream on the top of your throat to reach the other person sitting in the same room. Check the noise decibels, or ask for a demo before buying one for your house.
- Cleaning Attributes – Choose a juicer that is easy to clean. A messy juicer is probably the most irritating thing for a homemaker. So go for an easy-clean finish on the body, a smooth-edged sieve, and a probably a darker colour.
- Size of the Feeding Tube – The larger the size of the feeding tube, the more whole ingredients you can put in it. Go for the best portable juicer in India that has a tube at least 3 inches wide, for ease of chopping and prep.
- Dripping Spout – Protect your kitchen counter from getting weared out soon. Look out for the best juicers India with a dripping spout that prevents the machine from dripping the remaining juice on your kitchen counter.
- Larger Pulp Collector – Let nothing stop you from juicing! Go for a larger pulp collector so you don’t have to stop in the middle to empty it.
- Level Indicator – A see-through level indicator is always a plus point when it comes to unconscious spilling of your hard-churned juice. It is not that common, so you better keep an eye out for it if you like to see the things through.
- Warranty & Customer Service – Choose the best juicer in India that has a long-term warranty, as well as service centers all over for timely assistance in case of product malfunctioning.
Care Tips for an Extended Service-Life of Juicers
Once you get your hands on your favourite juicer out of all, it is crucial to maintain certain standards of usage to extend its service life.
We are going to list out some of the easiest tips that can be employed in day-to-day usage of the Top juicers in India for its prolonged efficiency.
1. Always Clean the Juicer Right After Use
Cleaning up the juicer takes seconds, especially the modern ones with such easy-clean bodies, and rounded sieves.
The debris or the remainders of the fruits pulp tighten over time which makes it difficult to clean after some time.
So cleaning the juicer right after usage must be brought in as a healthy practice.
2. Switch it Off
Although most of them come with enhanced safety features, it doesn’t hurt to be on the extra safe side.
Break the electric circuit by switching off the main power button after use.
This will keep your latest portable juicer in India away from short-circuit incidents.
3. Scrub Off the Dried Pulp
In case you got really lazy, and don’t want to clean the juicer right away, then scrub off the dried pulp with the help of hot water and scraper.
You can also use a light bristled toothbrush for the sieve part.
4. Keep the Water Away from the Base, Always!
Yes the overall machine and the jars are washable, but since the motor is situated in the lower portion of the juicers India, it is always advised to keep it away from direct water flow.
Just clean it off with a wet cotton cloth if you need to.
5. Store it Clean & Dry
After cleaning the appliance, let it sit for a few minutes on your kitchen counter till it dries up completely.
You can then store it inside the cupboard, or a box, or in any way you like.
You have now successfully gone through the trending juicer in India buying guide with the ultimate reviews of 2020.
As much as it makes your choice easier, it will also make your life easier, and healthier once you get one of these at your home.
If you ask which one is the best out of all, it is a difficult choice to make.
But if it’s about the overall performance, price range, and utility, masticating juicers come out to be on the top.
And if you are looking for a speedy trip to a freshly prepared glass of juice, centrifugal ones would suit you the best.
But again, it’s all about your personal choice and preferences.
We have laid down two best models in each category of juicers India here. But, if you’re looking for more options, feel free to browse our top 10 juicers blog.
Shopping with K2 Appliances can also award you with certain discounts on Amazon.in.
So make a smart choice, and bring home style with utility.