The capital of India, Delhi, usually battles with the toxic air quality. The air quality keeps on fluctuating from severe to moderate to good and to hazardous. According to the report by an Environment Think Tank, Life expectancy in India has gone down by 2.6 years due to deadly diseases caused by air pollution.
Being exposed to such bad air quality results in many health issues. For instance, headaches, sore throat, breathing difficulty, fatigue, and dizziness. It also augments the effects of Asthma, especially among children.
We, humans, have contributed a lot to the degradation of the environment. Consequently, it has gone bad to the level that it is adversely affecting our health. Sincere and dedicated efforts are what it will take for a healthier environment. Till then, the only feasible solution to curb the problem is to install the Best Air Purifier in India.
Air purifiers are a long-term solution to the problem. They are effective enough to clean and purify the air inside your home. The job of an air purifier is to attack the air-borne diseases, bacterias and remove dust, pollen, and harmful gases. It eliminates the risk of lethal pollutants in the air.
The air is purified by using advanced filtration technologies like Internal Filtration System, Activated Carbon, UV-C Lamp, and HEPA filter.
There are various brands and models of air purifiers available in India. Therefore, it is important to select the best air purifier after taking into account multiple factors. The range of air purifiers can vary from the meager amount of Rupees 4,000 up to 1,00,000 depending upon your requirement.
First, to get yourself familiarized with the concept of Air Purifiers, take a look at the types of air purifiers available in India.
- UV Air Purifier – UV Air Purifier, as the name suggests, uses the UV light to eliminate microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, molds, and fungi. The molecules of water and oxygen present in the air are converted into hydroxyl and ozone. Further, the active molecules mix with the pollutants present in the air and destroy them into harmless components like water and carbon dioxide. However, it gets difficult for this purifier to tackle allergens, dust, and solids that might be present in the air. Apart from this, it also cannot clear things like cigarette smoke, gases or chemical fumes.
- Activated Carbon Filter – The carbon filter keeps the home healthy and purified. The filter absorbs a large number of contaminants and allergens over a large surface of the area. Present on activated carbon filters, the molecular-sized pores have high absorbency and chemical bonding. An activated carbon filter is a great solution to eliminate the smell from your home.
- Ozone Air Purifier- Ozone, in an air purifier, is used to protect residential homes from all kinds of contaminants in the air. The purifier pumps ozone into the home’s air and ozone oxidizes whatever it touch. They are mostly used for commercial or emergency purposes.
- Ionic Air Purifier – It releases a high concentration of positive and negative ions that attach themselves to air pollutants that are usually neutral. Once charged, they become attracted to surfaces or other pollutants with the opposite charge. And once they get stuck to each other, they become too heavy and settle on the surface to be cleaned later.
- HEPA Air Purifier – High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance (HEPA) can filter out 99.7% of particulate pollutants, such as pollen, mold, dust, and mites. The air passes through the filter either through the HVAC system or independently. The working process is quite simple. Three separate components are used by the HEPA filters to trap tiny particles in the air.
Now, let us proceed with the top 10 best purifiers in India that you can buy right now.
Invariably, Philips has managed to be the most preferable home appliance brand in India. The product has AeraSense advanced technology and comes with HEPA Filter.
It covers the area of 441 sq. ft. (ideal for your bedroom). Philips 2000 series also has a real-time PM 2.5 measurement and displays with professional-grade sensing technology. Philips AeraSense Air Purifier is one of the best purifiers under 15,000.
It comes with 3 auto modes :
- General mode
- Extra-sensitive Allergen mode
- Extra-powerful bacteria and virus mode.
- Aerodynamic Design for efficient airflow
- 100% ozone free
- VitaShield IPS technology
- Smart light control
- Can’t perform well in too much of pollution
2. Honeywell Air Touch HAC35M1101G Air Purifier
The filter fitted is HEPA and the air goes through a 3-stage advanced patent filtration system removing pollutants with more than 99% efficiency. It doesn’t emit any harmful gases as a byproduct and is totally ozone free. Honeywell Air Touch has a CADR of 300 cubic meters/ hour and covers up to 450 square feet.
- Washable pre-filters
- Patented HiSiv fitter
- 3-D Airflow design
- Intelligent auto mode
- Less power usage
- Low noise operation
- Long filter life (~3000 hours)
- Restart manually after the power goes off
- No in-built surge protector
The tower-shaped purifier comes with high-efficiency particulate air filter (HEPA) along with activated carbon filter. The filters can eliminate about 99.95% of the harmful pollutants and allergens as minute as PM 0.1. The coverage area is up to 600 sq. ft. The purifier supports WiFi and is Bluetooth enabled. The TP04 model is fully automatic with an LCD display and Dyson link app.
- Patented Air MultiplierTM technology
- Reports air quality level through automatic senses
- Energy saver
- 350 degrees oscillation ensures proper circulation
- Quick and easy Filter change alarm
- Night-time mode
- Smartphone control
- A bit expensive (Price goes up to 44,000)
Philips AC2882 air purifier has pre-filter and HEPA filter technology and comes with VitaShield IPS technology for natural air filtration.
It has a Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) rate of 324 m3/hr and a coverage area of 851 sq. ft.
The model has dedicated pollution, allergen, and bacteria/virus auto modes. Apart from this, it is 100% ozone free.
- Activated carbon, HEPA Filter, and Pre-filter
- 4-color air quality indicator
- Aerodynamic design
- No ionizer
- No PM 2.5 indicator to check the air quality
- No remote control
Philips Tulip Air filter comes with VitaShield IPS technology that consists of 3 filters –
- HEPA filter
- Activated carbon filter
The 3-Step light indicators vividly show air quality levels. This filter measures and controls the quality of air with the smart sensor technology. The CADR rate is 160 m3/hr and is suitable for an area of 323 sq. ft.
Get an undisturbed sleep with the 1/4/8 hours timer. It is an ideal home air purifier for India.
- 3-step fan speed
- Vitashield Intelligent Purification System – prefilter, activated carbon and HEPA filter
- Smart sensor measures
- 1/4/8 hours easy-to-set timer
- 3-step light indicators for an easy check on quality (Blue-Good; Purple- Fair; Red- Bad)
- Air protect alert
- No dedicated allergen/pollution mode
Sharp air purifiers come with two technologies:
- Active and passive purification system (ensures complete purification)
- Sharp plasma cutter technology (kills harmful airborne microbes like H1N1, MRSA, E.Coli, TB and many more)
The air purifier is equipped with the highest class H14 HEPA filter that captures PM 2.5 particles, smoke, dust and pollen and the pre-filter traps heavy dust. This purifier is the best air purifier for Delhi.
- Great styling and lightweight
- Extra thick True HEPA (for advanced Purification)
- Silent mode
- 100% ozone free
- Comes without remote control
7. Honeywell Air Touch i8 42-Watt Air Purifier
The Honeywell Air Touchpurfier comes with a real-time PM2.5 meter to measure the pollution level. It incorporates a high-efficiency HEPA filter that covers an area up to 387 sq. ft. (ideal for living rooms and bedroom) has CADR of 300 m3/hr.
The 3-stage advanced air filtration system combined with patented HiSiv and HEPA filters help remove pollutants up to 99% efficiency. It is a complete ozone-free air purifier. It is one of the best air purifiers available in India.
- Optimum air circulation
- 3000 hours of filter life
- No sharp edges & anti-fall design (safe for kids)
- Does not emit harmful gases
- Combined HiSiv and HEPA filter
- No cons as such as per our research
The Aura Room air purifier comes with proven HEPA dust collection technology for trapping harmful pollutants. It also has an inbuilt ionizer that purifies the air around you.
Its Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) is 180 m3/hr and the coverage area is 290 sq. ft (suitable for medium bedroom/living room). It incorporates a 4-stage air purification system.
This purifier is occupied with a filter change alarm, intelligent light sensor, carbon filter, child lock. Along with this, it is quite easy to operate. It is an ideal purchase option below 10,000.
- The 4-stage air purification system
- Proven HEPA technology and carbon filter
- A carbon filter with specially sized pallets for better adsorption properties
- Child lock
- 8-hour timer with auto-off feature
- Less noise
- No cons as per our research
It displays the best performance with 6-stage best in class filtration technology. It has High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filter along with 5 more unique filtration stages which are UV light, Negative ionizer, activated carbon filter, anti-microbial filter, and pre-filter.
AIRSPA has a CADR of 150 m3/hr and covers an area up to 350 sq. ft. The purifier has 365 nm UV light that neutralizes microorganisms and removes bacteria, mould, viruses, etc.
- Smart Uv & Anion Mode
- Cold catalyst filter
- Odor Sensor
- Alloy washable filters
- Wind speed adjustment
- Power consumption of 40 watts
- 99.97% efficiency from pollutants
- Control manually or with remote
- Has ionizer (A bit dangerous if you have small children or infants)
10. MI Air Purifier 2
It has 3 layers of HEPA filtration, thus removing harmful PM2.5 effectively and provides clean air. The coverage area is 400 sq. ft. (suitable for medium bedroom/living room) and the CADR rate is 310 m3/hr.
MI Air Purifier comes with real-time AQI monitoring and Mi home app controls thus you can control the device by installing the app on your Smartphone. It removes harmful pollutants up to PM 2.5 levels. Even with powerful motors, it hardly makes any noise. The purifier is listed among the top purifier in India.
- Highest level of purification with 3 layers of HEPA Filter
- Ultra-quiet and unobtrusive
- Less noise
- Great design
- Low power consumption
- Can’t operate manually because of no remote
Air purifiers have made purifying air easy. Therefore, one must definitely buy an air purifier. To conclude, these are the top 10 best air purifiers in India.
Which air purifier is best in India? Select one from the listed in the post and you won’t regret selecting one from them.
K2 Appliances bring you the list of best air purifiers for the home in India with the post. So figure out the best deal for yourself, compare air purifier in India and purchase the most suitable one.