Best Room Heater & Radiator in India (2020)
“Winter is here” and so is our list of top 10 best room heaters and radiators in India (2020). If you are living in Northern India, you must be familiar with how winters can turn extremely cold and sometimes, uncomfortable. Winters are colder, icier and windier especially if you are living in North India. Winter is the most lovable season but at the same time, it can be harsh and ruthless. Winters are soon about to make their way and being wrapped up in warm clothes and blankets all day long could be wearying.
Best Room Heater in India (2020)
The real problem arises at night when the temperature falls and the blankets don’t work anymore to make you warm and comfortable. In such a situation, room heaters become a lifesaver from chilling winter nights. They are portable, heat the room in minutes and are a must-buy room heater appliance. The room heater blower may charge you with some extra bill, but you will never regret buying one after all comfort is the priority of a person.
In addition to this, room heaters come in multiple options. Choosing the right one can be a bit overwhelming. Therefore, it’s important to consider a few factors before buying a room heater. For instance, the size of the room, noise level, power consumption, type of room heater, etc.
Buying a room heater India can be a burdensome task. The blog will save your time and guide you to buy the best room heater for home. Before exploring the best room heater for winter, let’s study the types of room heaters.
Types of Room Heaters:
Room heaters are also known as ‘Space heaters’ in other countries. The room
heaters are broadly classified into three categories based on their heating
technology. Read on to dive into the details.
Infrared heaters or Radiant heaters:
It passes electricity through a conductive wire, heating it. Infrared heaters use infrared technology to produce heat and spread it on the solid surface (people or objects) rather than to the air.
The heat disappears as soon as the heater is turned off. These heaters are the
perfect choice for warming a small room or office. The heater has high energy
efficiency and low noise level.
They are also known as-
- Radiant room heaters
Such types of heaters are the most used and the best room heaters in India.
Convection heaters or Fan heaters:
As the name suggests, Convection/Fan heater is a room heater with fan that spreads hot air around the room, heating it instantly due to air circulation. They are easy to fit, provide better coverage, inexpensive, and harmless, making it safe around small children. The only drawbacks of this filter are that it consumes a lot of power and makes noise.
They are also known as-
- Ceramic heater
- Convection room heaters
- Blower room heaters
Oil Filled Room Heater:
The oil inside these heaters absorb the heat and serves as a heat reservoir, therefore circulating the heat. Oil Room Heater can systematically warm up large spaces with a low noise level. In contrast with Convection and Infrared heaters, Oil based room heater take time to heat up and are slightly expensive.
They are also known as-
- Oil heaters
- Oil-filled room heaters
Now, since you are familiarized with the types of room heaters available in India,
let’s examine the factors and features one must look for in the room heater.
- Heating capacity – Knowing how much a heater can heat and cover the room is the first and foremost factor that should be considered. It is intent on by the heater wattage rating. The more the wattage rate more will be the heating capacity.
- Energy efficiency – Who doesn’t like fewer bills! And to keep your electricity bills from skyrocketing, it is necessary to choose the heater with better power efficiency. Many heaters come with additional features like low wattage, energy-saving modes, adjustable thermostats, and On/Off timers that help minimize power usage and at the same time, contribute towards a clean environment.
- Safety measures – Electrical appliances should be dealt with proper safety measures to avoid mishappening. If overlooked, room heaters can turn into fire hazards due to overheating. To deal with the situation, heaters come with an internal switch that shuts off the heater in case of overheating or if the heater crosses a limit of temperature. It’s the most considerable feature one must look for while buying a room heater india.
- Noise level – Many of the room heaters sends out a lot of noise while operating. Look out for the heater that comes with a baseboard feature or an oil-filled radiator to operate silently.
Now, since we have familiarized you with the types of room heaters available in
India, let’s study the top 10 best room heaters in India 2020.
Usha is one of the most reliable and oldest brands in India. We have been using its fans and coolers for a longer time. And now, its room heaters are establishing themselves in the market.
- With a variable heating position, power consumption of 2000 watts, and thermostat for effective temperature control, twin blade fan, the room heater
- Usha HC 812 T makes it to our list of top 10 best room heaters in India.
- The thermostat control maintains and controls the desired room temperature. It let go off the system of manual operation.
- Usha Room Heater HC has an adjustable height and night light indicator that is not available in most of the heaters.
- The twin blade fan ensures that the air reaches every nook and corner of the room.
- The side vents in the heater help in the suction of air that provides better circulation of air.
- An in-built thermal cut-out feature is ideal to combat excessive voltage fluctuations that may occur.
The in-built fan allows us to adjust the temperature by choosing the room heater fan speed. The room heater has a copper conductor in its cord which adds an extra layer of safety.
- Adjustable height
- Adjustable thermostat
- Operating voltage of 230 volts
- 1-year warranty
- Twin Turbo Design for quick and effective heating
- ISI Mark
- It requires no stabilizer
- Side Vents that draw in the air easily
- Not effective for heating large rooms
The chilly winds are a challenge in itself to deal with. Bajaj flashy saves you from this cold trouble and even comes with safety measures in case of any potential mishaps.
- It is one of the best room heaters for winter available in India that is stylish, equipped with multiple features and is budget-friendly.
- The heater comprises of nickel chrome plated reflector that is corrosion resistance and increases surface hardness.
- A corrugated reflecting surface on the heater evenly transfers the heat in the entire room.
- It has an effective heating element which spreads the warmth in the entire room.
- Bajaj Flashy 1000 watt comes with a flexible stand at the bottom to provide sturdy support.
- Corrugated reflecting surface
- Nickel Chrome Plated Mesh Grid
- Compact and Stylish Design
- Stainless Steel Reflector
- 2 years of product warranty
- Meant for spot heating
- Doesn’t have castor wheels for easy mobility
Just like the name suggests, Eveready QH800 Room Heater is always ready to beat the cold harsh winters and is a small room heater for small places.
- The heater is equipped with a tip-over switch that cuts off the electricity in case the temperature exceeds the set limit to avoid any mishappenings.
The switch is located at the bottom of the heater.
- With the presence of the LED indicator, you can check the ON/OFF of the heater.
- This feature prevents you from accidentally touching the heater and get hurt in case it is turned ON.
- QH800 800-Watt Room Heater’s body is made of plastic and thus making it sturdy and durable.
- The steel frame gives you an even heat flow.
- You can easily control the amount of heat with its Dual Heat setting.
- The dual heat setting provides cool air via a variable-speed blower motor.
- Since it is a room heater with fan, it sucks out humidity from the air.
The heating indicator is a convenient feature for users to adjust and maintain the temperature.
- The heater comes with twin quartz tubes that provide direct heating. You may ask how quartz tubes are effective enough?
- Quartz tubes have extremely low thermal expansion rate and high tensile strength that makes them stronger for effective heating/cooling process.
- Dual heat settings
- Plastic tube and stylish design
- Easy to carry design
- Safety tip-over switch
- Twin quartz tubes for direct heating
- Suitable for small rooms
V-Guard is one of the most trusted and reliable brands in India. The RH2QT model comes loaded with features at an unbelievably low price.
- The model is stylishly built with a sleek design that attracts the buyers.
- V-Guard 800 uses quartz heat bulbs rods that glow and then heats the room.
- The dual rods consumes 400 Watts each that instantly heats a small room in notime.
You can control the heat by switching ON either one of the heating rods or turning both at the same time.
- The auto-shutoff thermostat turns off the heater when it reaches a critical/excess heating temperature.
- It is lightweight which makes it easy to move from one place to another.
- It is as easy to use as it is easy to assemble that makes it convenient for the users.
There is a temperature knob that allows the user to regulate and adjust the temperature according to their ease.
- Compact and stylish design
- Easy assemble
- Easy to use
- Adjustable temperature
- Highly portable
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Suitable for small rooms
- Build quality is low
The design may appear dull and old-school to you but with such power-packed advanced features, this heater makes it to our list of top 10 best room heater in India.
- Usha 423 N heater can heat a room size of up to 150 square feet.
- This ISI marked device comes with the power consumption of 2000 watts which can be tuned down to a total of 3 heating levels of 665, 1330 and 2000 watts.
- For a better and even heat distribution, the heater comes with a twin-turbo design that has 2 different fan speed options.
- To protect it from heating, Usha Room Heater has grills present on each side that allow air to come inside the device that maintains its cool.
- Three heating positions of 665 W, 1330 W, and 2000 W
- Two fan speed options
- Twin-turbo design for better heating
- Safety thermal cut out and portable
- 1-year warranty
- ISI Mark
- Night light indicator
- Side air inlet grills
- Suitable for small rooms and offices only
If you are looking for spot heating, this room heater is definitely worth using. It comes with compact design and solid built. It is one of the best room heaters for the home in India.
- This model by Bajaj comes with 2 different heat settings i.e. 1000W and 2000W for the user’s suitability.
- Along with this, the heater comes with an adjustable thermostat that allows its users to maintain the desired temperature within the room.
- The presence of a bajaj blow hot room heater maintains air circulation.
- The thermal cut-off feature is an additional feature for safety.
- The rectangular design adds to its compactness.
- You get the warranty of 2-years with this room heater which is another added advantage.
If you are willing to push your budget, this room heater is best under the rage of INR 2000.
- Zero noise while operating
- 2 years warranty
- Dual heat setting of 1000 and 2000 Watts
- Neat and clean operation as it doesn’t need any refrigerant or oxygen Blower for air circulation
- Large pin socket requirement
Unlike other PTC Heater, it is more stylish and convenient to use. The plastic built reinforces the material giving it durability.
- Havells Calido is well equipped with thermostat control via which the user can easily control the required temperature of the room.
- The precautions are taken against issues like overheating and short circuits.
The 2000 Watts PTC room heater comes with a warranty of 1-year.
- Havells room heater consumes the power of 2000W along with the feature of thermostat control for adjusting the temperature inside the room.
- The heater is also light-weight and high portability. It’s also effective enough for distributing heat evenly.
- The red light indicator indicates whether the heater is switched ON or OFF. The red light means that the heater is ON.
- The room heater fan circulates the warm air and heats the space in no time.
- The heater has a PTC Fan Heater that gives you desired heat with mobility. This proves to be an advantage when you need to shift the heater.
- It works efficiently for small rooms and offices.
- Protection against overheating
- Easily adjustable temperature with the thermostat
- Cooling fan for easy heat distribution
- Red indicator light
- Durable plastic body
- Built with AC power supply
- None according to our research
This room heater by Inalsa is the one to be reckoned with. Inalsa Blaze is the best choice for your home that gradually increases the temperature of your whole room giving you a serene environment.
- The thermostat automatically turns on and off the heater keeping the temperature constant.
- The heater has a retro look that comes with an indicator, swing stand, and a fan option.
- It has a strong heating element that is mounted onto a copper winding motor. A high-velocity blower disperses the heat from the heater and then into the room.
- You have three options to select the type of air i.e. cold, hot or warm air that can be controlled using the rocker switches of the device.
- You can easily place/adjust the heater in any direction you wish for with the adjustable stand. The handlebar makes the device more compact.
The overheat protection makes sure that the device does not get overheated while operating.
- With a warranty period of 1 year, take a back seat in case of any manufacturing defects.
- High-Velocity Blower
- 3 different air blow selection
- In-built Carry Handle
- Over Heat Protection
- Portable Design
- 1-year warranty
- Copper Winding Motor
- Suitable for small to medium-sized rooms
A leading Fast Moving Electrical Goods (FMEG) Company, Havells India limited offers a wide spectrum of top and efficient products. Havells OFR – 9Fin 2400 Watt PTC Fan Heater is one of the best oil filled room heater.
- Overheat safety protection prevents the appliance from getting damaged. The heater heats up your room faster with the thermostatic heat control in a faster and efficient manner.
- The heater is a perfect combination of style and efficiency. With the classy looks and appealing color combination, it is sure to complement the decor of your room.
- Your room heater regulates the heat with the thermostatic heat control.
- Havells OFR PTC fan heater features a thermostatic heat control that makes it easy for the users to adjust the temperature.
- The room heater comes with a fan that disperses the heat equally.
With the safety thermal cut off option, the heater will automatically switch off in case it reaches maximum temperature hence protects against overheating.
- Cord storage
- Overheat protection with a tilt over switch for safety
- Three different power settings
- Safe to use
- Thermostatic heat control
- Castor wheels for easy mobility
- PTC heater with fan
- A bit expensive
10. Varshine Happy Home Laurels || Rod type heater and fan heater || Room heater || 1 season warranty | (B-11)
The eveready room heater is ideal for the basic heating requirements of the users. This rod-type heater can quickly offer warmth to your room and make you feel cozy and comfortable.
- Highly Portable- Now no worries if you have limited space in your rooms, the Varshine Happy Home Laurels has offered phenomenal room heater to the users. This provides convenience to users.
- Quiet Operations- The room heater comes with no noise operations due to its amazing technology. You can have a sound and healthy sleep with one of the best room heater in India.
- Anti-Skid Legs- The appliance comes with the anti-skid tilting legs. This eliminates the risk of the appliance to get tilted at the time of working.
- Easy Installation- The Varshine room heater is easy to install as it is the complex-free appliance that fulfills the basic heating requirements of your home.
- Anti-skid base
- Uncomplicated Functionalities
- Compact design
- Risky for Kids
This Varshine room heater is the best room heater for winter specifically for the small rooms. It works efficiently in a limited space. You can invest in this room heater to satisfy your basic heating needs for a single room.
Some Of The Cool Tips To Effectively Use The Room Heater
First, a quick recap of what does a room heater does? Room heaters (also known as space heaters) heat up a small-scale area; typically a bedroom. Most of the room heaters make use of either gas or electricity. They form a warm atmosphere inside the room and prevent the people from chilling cold. Moreover, the room heater price in India starts from the minimum price of Rs 600 and goes all the way up to Rs 50,000.
- Go for the fan heaters and set it at a lower temperature
The hot air from the heater flows and covers a larger area in a room. Set your fan heater at the lower temperature to effectively warm up the room and save electricity as well. The fan heaters ensure that the warm air reaches every nooks and corner of the room and uses less power.
- Buy the adjustable wattage room heater
Today many of the room heaters come with an adjustable wattage knob. You can adjust the wattage as per your requirement. You can keep wattage low which will emit less heat but with the right insulation, the heat will stay inside the room for a longer period of time. Further, lower wattage means less electricity consumption which means lower electricity bills.
- Buy the room heater with a thermostat
Room heaters with the thermostat are the smart way to reduce power consumption. The thermostat keeps the room temperature at the desired level. It cut off the power supply once it has achieved the desired temperature in the room. The thermostat keeps the track of the temperature and ensures that the room is warmed till the set temperature only. This way it consumes less electricity.
We hope with the sufficient knowledge of types of room heaters and tips on how to effectively use them, you will make the wise decision. Save energy without compromising in heat and make your winter evenings/nights comfortable with the best room heater. To know about the top room heaters and get informed about the best room heater price in India read our blogs to extract out the most out of it.
Our research ends here and we have come to the end of this blog. Staying indoors
is the best thing about winters. We believe we have furnished with the requisite
details to select the best room heaters and radiators in India (2020) for your home.
Low On Budget? Try These Room Heaters
Some Frequently Asked Questions By Our Users
1. Which type of room heater is good for health?
There are basically three types of best room heater in India.
- Fan-based heaters
- Radiant heaters
- Oil-based heaters
The basic working principle of each heater differs greatly.
The fan-based heaters heat the element and blow out hot air through a fan. Although they heat up small to medium-sized rooms almost instantly, they are big electricity suckers. Using them on a regular basis can shoot up your electricity bills immensely.
Fan heaters are known to be child-safe but they tend to reduce the humidity and oxygen level in a room which calls for speculation.
The radiant heaters which collectively account for halogen, quartz, infrared and carbon-fiber room heaters radiate heat to the surrounding objects or area. Although they consume less electricity comparatively, they are not child-safe since they tend to heat up the nearby objects.
Last but not least, oil heaters. They heat up the oil inside the fins where the heat is eliminated to the outer surroundings. Although they take little time to heat up they are extremely child-safe and also consume less electricity.
The best part is that they don’t even reduce the amount of humidity and oxygen level in your room.
So we have a clear winner – The oil-filled room heaters are the best room heater for winter.
2. Which is the best oil filled room heater?
The winters in India, especially in the northern part call for a quick check upon a few appliances. Among others, are the room heaters, whether you already have one that you need to replace or thinking of buying best room heater in India for the first time ever, there are a few things that you should take note of.
Oil-filled room heaters are beneficial in a lot of ways.
- For starters, the principle functioning of oil-filled room heaters is extremely safe and they can be effectively installed in a house full of children.
- Secondly, they consume a lot less electricity than the fan and radiating room heaters.
- Thirdly, they don’t decrease the level of humidity and oxygen in the air unlike the fan and radiating room heaters.
Some of the best oil filled room heater in India are –
- DeLonghi EW7707CM
- Morphy Richards OFR 09 2000-Watt Oil Filled Radiator Room Heater
- Havells OFR – 9Fin 2400-Watt PTC
3. What is the most energy-efficient room heater?
Not sure if the confusion is about the type of room heater or one particular room-heater, so we shall answer both.
The answer to which type of room-heater is more energy-efficient & best room heater would be electric room heaters.
- They consume only a little amount of electricity and provide you warmth in cold chilly winters without putting a load on your pocket.
- They completely convert all the electricity in heat energy but this functionality can turn out to be expensive too if it comes to high-temperature heating.
- Otherwise, you can go for a halogen or oil-filled room heater. They are also said to be comparatively energy-efficient.
Now, if we talk about some energy-saving models, in particular, some of them are listed below from both the categories.
- Xtreme Infrared Room Heater H1 1800W
- Morphy Richards OFR 11F 11-Fin 2500 Watts
- Usha 3809F PTC 2000-Watt
4. Is room heater good for health?
Every positive has its own negative. Room heater in India prove to be a boon to all those who suffer from severe-cold during the winter season. They provide instant warmth and prove to be extremely beneficial to the elderly lot.
But are they really benefiting you?
The question is very contradictory itself. While the heaters can make sure you stay warm and cozy during the winters, they can also be sucking up on all the fresh air in your room and alternatively be posing a health arrest.
The Health Risk:
Burning of oxygen by the room heaters can potentially lead to suffocation. The reduction of humidity levels in the air can also lead to nasal blockage and dry eyes.
To combat this, you can opt for a healthier option of heater, i.e. the oil-filled room heaters.
They do not soak in the oxygen in your room neither do they modify the humidity levels
5. Which brand room heater is best?
Not a winter person? Is your body temperature dripping down continuously? You definitely need a room heater. There are a lot of brands available in India that claim to produce the best-in-class room heaters but it takes a hawkeye to look out for the best.
Let’s check out some features that you MUST look forward to in a heater before you cut a quarter out of your pocket.
- The Type – Radiant, oil-filled, convection, and fan-forced are different types of room heaters to be found in the Indian markets. You can consider the type you want to buy keeping in check the square area it is going to occupy, the type of heating it provides, the constructive material, etc.
- Energy Efficiency – The more energy efficient it is, the lesser you have to worry about the post-buying expenses. Although the portables ones lack the EER rating feature, you can always look for features like power-saving mode, low wattage, adjustable thermostats, and programmable timers.
- Safety Features – Look for heaters with cool-to-touch surfaces, overheat protection and automatic turn-off feature when the temperature surpasses an unsafe temperature.
- Noise Level – Some models produce more noise than others. Look for the decibel range of the room heater before buying one.
Once you have ticked all these boxes on your checklist and read our room heater buying guide, you have your best options right in front of you. To suggest a few:
- HAVELLS OFR 9 FIN PTC FAN ROOM HEATER
- MORPHY RICHARDS OFR 09 OIL FILLED ROOM HEATER
- ORPAT OEH-1220 FAN ROOM HEATER
6. How much does a room heater cost?
The prices of best room heater in India varies greatly with every type and every different model.
In general, bar fires and fan heaters are the most expensive ones. Whereas, the cheapest ones can be halogen-based and oil-filled heaters. (2k-35k)
Note:This is just a general take, prices may differ invariably depending upon the model, company, specs, features, etc.
Some other factors upon which the cost & are among the best room heater price in India varies are:
A friendly word of advice – Besides the initial cost of a room heater, one should also pay equal heed to the after-costs concerned with the particular model.
To calculate room heater price in India, there are certain factors one should take note of:
- Energy efficiency – for a long term bill saving
- Heating capacity – look for a model that provides moderate and bearable heating capacity because opting for one that produces more heat than required shall take up more electricity to operate.
- Power saving mode – that can be turned on while you sleep soundly
- Auto-cut – to take out any scope of extra electrical charges when the heater reaches a moderate heating level.
7. Is room heater good for baby?
Babies require special care, especially during winters. There are a lot of factors that must be considered before jumping in to buy a room heater in India to keep your baby’s room warm. One such deciding factor should be the age of the baby and the second should be the integration of adequate safety elements in the heater to avoid accidents.
- According to the age
Newborn babies that stay in their cradles most of the time, and need something to warm their body quickly, especially during their bath intervals can make use of an electrical coil, fan or a radiator heater. They provide heat instantly.
For toddlers who are interested in touching and discovering everything out there, anything loud and shiny like a rod heater can be dangerous. For them, usage of oil heaters, wall-mounted heaters and radiators are recommended.
- According to the safety elements
Proper safety features like cool-to-touch surface, auto-cut, sturdy cord, circuit interrupter plug, and proper certification must be sought.
8. Which is the best portable room heater?
Portable room heaters, also known as space heaters are heating devices that are used to heat a small area. They are generally powered by a burnable fuel like propane, natural gas, etc or electricity.
But nowadays, portable space heaters only use electrical form of energy since there is a permanent need of an exhaust for the heaters which burn fuel.
Coming to the question about which portable room heater is the best? The answer comprises a lot of factors put together, like the type of efficiency it provides, the amount of electricity it consumes, the safety features it offers, the heating capacity of the heater and last but not the least, the justification of the price it retails for.
Keeping all these factors in mind, we have fabricated a list of our own that you can check out down below:
- Havells OFR 11 Fin PTC Fan Heater
- Orpat ORH-1410
- Bajaj Minor Room Heater
- Morphy Richards OFR 09 Oil Filled
- Usha FH 3628 PTC Fan Heater
9. Which is the cheapest heater available on the market?
The price of cheap room heater starts from around 2k and can range up to more than 30k. It totally depends on the particular model you are planning to go for.
The general factors that decide upon the range of a particular room heater the company name associated with it, the inbuilt features, the material used and the robusticity of the same.
Also, the generality holds that bar fires and fan heaters are the most expensive ones whereas the oil-filled ones are the cheapest room heater.
And although oil-filled room heaters are more on the down-side of the price range, they are on a high-end side when it comes to the usability, advantages and productivity features.
Despite all that, few of the cheapest models available across the country are:
- Orpat OEH-1220 2000W Room Heater
- Usha HC 812T 2000W Room Heater
- Eveready HC2000 Room Heat Covector
- Morphy Richards OFR9 9 Fin 2000W
- Usha FH3112 PTC 2000W Room Heater
10. What are the advantages & Disadvantages of room heater?
The advantages and disadvantages of room heaters depend on category to category and model to model. The general advantage of a heater is known by all, it provides warmth to us in the horrid and freezing winters. But that’s not it.
Let us acquaint you with some of the most common advantages of all the heater types.
- Portability – Take it wherever you go. Now keep warm in any condition and any room. Just find a plug and make the environment warm enough for you to enjoy the winters.
- Small Size – Modern heaters are compact and sleek. They do not take up much space and are very easy to move from one place to another.
- Safe – The old age fireplaces with big furnaces posed big harm to the environment by burning of wood and natural fuels. Also, there always hung a sword of uncertainty where the fire could cause much structural and human damage. Heaters are safe to use and also are much more eco-friendly.
Space Limits – Room heaters are confined to small rooms and spaces. The covered area of a room heater ranges from 500 sq ft. to 1000 sq. ft. Also, the cords provided are not long enough that makes them conspicuous.
- No Ducts – The absence of ducts makes the room vulnerable to heat not letting fresh air pass in. This can be suffocating after a while.
- Oxygen Cut – Although oil-filled heater is an exception, general type heaters cut the oxygen and humidity levels in your room posing serious dangers to one’s health.
K2 Appliances is the one-stop for all your queries and concerns for home appliances. In case of any concern or query, feel free to comment below. We would be happy to answer your queries.