An Ultimate Buying Guide For The Best Kitchen Chimney In India
Your kitchen is the heart of your house. The food prepared, especially in India, is just aromatic that spreads the aroma in all the rooms. However along with the aroma comes a lot of smoke, oil fumes and moisture. The substances plant themselves on other appliances (oven, mixer, etc.), cabinets, walls, and ceilings, placing a thin layer of grease. Not only it makes the kitchen look grimy, but it also affects the health of the family members especially, the kitchen maker.
He/She definitely deserves a quality atmosphere. Technology has been bestowing us with the quality appliances which are making our life convenient. A kitchen chimney is one of them. It makes your kitchen as a whole smokeless and odourless. Hence, a kitchen chimney has become a needed kitchen appliance.
The popularity of this appliance has escalated to the extent that the top brands are devising their own kitchen chimney with the various latest functionality. Hindware, Elica, Faber, Glen, BOSCH, Prestige and Sunflame are the best chimney brands in India
How To Recognize Best Kitchen Chimneys?
Nowadays, Kitchen Chimneys are used as a necessity rather than as a luxury. The reason being, it comes with so many amazing features that one can’t resist purchasing it. As we know in Indian kitchens, cooking involves lots of deep-frying and spices than any other kitchens. While the cooked food makes our mouth water with luscious taste, it comes with a price making the kitchen dirty with grease and smoke. To overcome this issue, kitchen chimneys are there to rescue us by absorbing the smoke and help us make our kitchen free from oil, dust and odour. How to find the best chimney in India? Keep reading until the end.
Top 3 Best Kitchen Chimneys in India with pros & cons
Now that you are familiar with the basics and range of kitchen chimneys. Let’s keep digging this kitchen chimney buying guide to know some best chimneys in India.
- Best kitchen chimney brand in India due to its autonomous features.
- It’s best suited with baffle filters
- Rustproof material
- Attractive led lightning which increases the aesthetic worth of the chimney
Model – Hindware 90cm 1200m/3hr – It is the best kitchen chimney because of the local brand and its potent features.
- Efficient motor
- Utilizes little power as possible
- Easy operation because of one-touch control
- Glistening appearance with stainless steel
- Installation charges are extra
- Reputed name all over the world in the kitchen industry
- Allows 3-way suction which guarantees fume-free all the times
- Unique 3dy2s2 technology used in some of their models.
Model-Faber hood Crest 60 cm kitchen hood – It the best kitchen chimney in India comes with heat auto clean-technology.
- Stylish and durable because of the hood crest
- Superior suction technology
- Higher efficiency
- Doesn’t have filters
- The enchanting aesthetic sense in their appliances
- Superior quality
- One of the best brands
Model- Elica90cm/1200m^3/hr- This is the best auto clean chimney in India because of its auto clean technology and stylish design.
- Easy to operate
- Energy efficient
- Touch control panel
- Installation charges are extra
Types of best Kitchen Chimneys
This blog will help you know about the best kitchen chimneys in India and act as a kitchen chimney buying guide. But before that, you must be familiar with some basics of kitchen chimney, as it comes with wide ranges.
- Straight-line chimney
- Less suction capacity comparatively
- Additional overhead space
- Wall-mounted Chimney
- Popular in India
- In budget
- Average suction capacity
- Island Chimney
- Needs more area to install
- High suction capacity
Types of filters
A chimney is useless without a filter. It is the heart of a chimney. It undertakes the main purpose of sucking out the oil and purifies the air. They are categorized on the basis of material, structure and filtering process. These types of kitchen chimneys are as follow:
- Mesh/Carbon filters –
- Have multiple layers of aluminium or stainless steel to trap the oil or other particles in the air.
- Stimulates the purification process.
- Baffle filters-
- Suitable for Indian kitchens.
- Have multiple layers of curved shaped steel frames.
- Carbon filter-
- Made with charcoal and remove the awful odour from the food.
- Not used in India much.
5 Advantages of the Best Kitchen Chimney:
- Keep the Tiles of Your Kitchen Safe
- Not only Tiles but Also Protects the Wall of Your Kitchen
- Get Rid of the Unwanted Smell
- Put a Stop to Never-ending Sneezing
- Aesthetic Appeal
Let’s talk about the Advantages of best kitchen chimney
Keep the Tiles of Your Kitchen Safe
The fumes formed while cooking stick to the tiles and walls of your kitchen. This makes them sticky and makes it darkened if no proper precaution is taken. The kitchen chimney will protect your kitchen tiles/granite/marble/wooden and everything present in the kitchen from those sticky fumes. It also gets the kitchen rid of the smoke that turns your kitchen shabby and unattractive.
With the best chimney for the kitchen, you get a smell-free as well as a smokeless kitchen. Therefore, if you are a chef of your family and want a modish kitchen, a modular chimney is the solution.
Not only Tiles but Also Protects the Wall of Your Kitchen
Walls begin to look dirty and sticky without the use of a kitchen chimney. The reason is the same as those for tiles. The best kitchen chimney has a strong suction capacity that sucks all the fumes while the food is being prepared.
Get Rid of the Unwanted Smell
While cooking, the smell of masalas and vegetables leaves a long-lasting smell that sometimes turns into an irritating odour. The modular chimney at once sucks the aroma and vapour of the dish and turns your house odour-free. Gift a fresh environment to your loved ones with the best chimney in India.
Put a Stop to Never-ending Sneezing
Wish to know the importance of a tadka? Ask an Indian! The dish prepared in our culture is incomplete without the use of spices that adds the right taste. However, with taste comes the whiff of spices (red chillies/pepper/curry leaves) that gives constant sneezing. Installing a modular or electric chimney can put an end to it.
The high suction ability of the chimney frees you from the coughing and sneezing by the spices. This also prevents irritation during cooking your favourite meals.
The best kitchen chimney in India adds glory to your already beautiful kitchen. It uplifts the look and feels of your kitchen. To make it more appealing, you can match the colour of the chimney with the colour of your kitchen. Overall, the best chimney in India gives a very elegant, contemporary and sophisticated look to the kitchen.
5 Disadvantages of the Best kitchen chimney:
- A Bit Expensive
- Dishwashing Liquid to Keep Your Chimney Clean
- Baking Soda to Clean Kitchen Chimneys
- Paint Thinner to Clean Kitchen Chimney
- Caustic Soda to Clean the best Kitchen Chimney
An overview of the Disadvantages of the Best kitchen chimney:
A Bit Expensive
The best kitchen chimney in India is still not as economically priced as expected. This is the major reason why people avoid buying them. Also, the spare parts of a kitchen chimney are priced very high. They are not much pocket-friendly and require to make some major changes to the walls and cabinets of your kitchen to perform well.
Dishwashing Liquid to Keep Your Chimney Clean
You definitely must own a dishwashing liquid. The dishwashing liquid effectively cleans up the oil and the grease stains. Simply take out the filters, put some dishwashing liquid and immerse them in a bucket full of boiling water. Let it stay for 1-2 hours.
After that, remove and scrub it carefully using a non-abrasive scrubber.
Baking Soda to Clean Kitchen Chimneys
Take a tub filled with boiling water and add 2-3 tablespoon of baking soda, 2 cups of vinegar and 2-3 tablespoon of salt. Immerse the filters for 1-2 hours and then scrub it with a scrubber.
Paint Thinner to Clean Kitchen Chimney
A paint thinner removes the stubborn oil and the grease stains effectively. You can also use nail polish removers as a replacement for paint thinner.
Take a piece of cotton cloth and soak it in the paint thinner. Now scrub the chimney filters and other parts of the chimney with it. Once done, wash the parts thoroughly in water. Leave them in the sunlight to dry.
Caustic Soda to Clean the Kitchen Chimney
Take a tray and put the filters in it. After that, sprinkle some caustic soda on the filters and pour the boiling water on them. Fumes will come You will see fumes coming out. Let it stay for 2-3 hours and then remove them. Next, scrub to clean it and then let it dry.
Note: Be careful while using caustic soda to clean your kitchen chimney. When the fumes start coming out, stay away and prevent inhaling them. Also, do not touch caustic soda with bare hands as it may burn your skin. Use gloves while cleaning.
Some of the Handy Maintenance Tips for kitchen chimney
The best chimney in India keeps your kitchen free from all the smoke, polluted air, and unwanted smell. But after a certain period, the accumulated grease, oil and dirt make your chimneys dirty. This can lessen their efficiency. Hence, you should take proper care by cleaning it occasionally to use the most of it. You need do not to shell out hundreds of bucks to get it clean. You can clean it easily at home. Given below are the best handy tips on how to clean kitchen chimney on your own using natural ingredients. Read on to learn!
How to select the right kitchen chimney?
As you’re going through this kitchen chimney buying guide, this will be probably the first question running in your mind. Don’t worry, in this blog you’ll get all your questions answered related to the best chimneys in India.
- The length of ducting and number of bends should be ideally 10 ft and 2 bends respectively. As the more the length and no. of bends higher the suction power required.
- Filters should be easily removable and easy to clean with.
- The motor should be conserved so that filth and grime do not get into it.
- A kitchen chimney with higher air suction capacity is an ideal Indian Kitchen. It needs to recycle the air of the kitchen at least 10 times every hour. You have to select a chimney 10 times the volume of the kitchen.
- It is suggested to opt for a chimney that is equal or slightly larger than the size of the hob. Mostly 60cm width chimney is suitable for a hob with 2 feet width.
- The noise should be 58 dB, not more than that.
- The aesthetics should also be considered according to your budget.
- Last but not the least, the selection of the brand is an important decision. It can be categorized into the quality of a product, sales after service and network of the brand.
Auto clean chimney- a magic feature
The auto clean chimney is one of the top-notch chimneys. It is also known as filterless chimney. While considering the best chimney in India, you can opt for this chimney. In every Kitchen buying guide, you’ll see this as a recommendation. This feature is present in the best kitchen chimney in India. Let’s get to know what’s so special about this chimney.
- Comes with an oil-collector that separates oil from the smoke and which fumes help in effective purifying.
- Low maintenance
- The automatic cleaning feature of the chimney
- Air blower of the chimney pushes the air towards the wall of the chimney which carries out the function of purifying the dirt and grime.
Thus, the best auto clean chimney is worthwhile to spend on. Don’t stop yourself from investing in this divine kitchen appliance that not only does its job but also uses as home decor. I’ll suggest you some best chimneys in India ahead. Keep exploring
The Bottom Line
Today, the kitchen chimney has become an essential appliance in your modular kitchen. There are different styles and types associated with the best chimneys in India suited for every type of modular kitchen. Furthermore, the cleaning of filters should be done once in a year.
Get a beautiful and healthy kitchen by making it free from the odours, fumes, grease, steam, and other gases. To get the best recommendations, halt by K2 Appliances – Your one and only stop to bring home the best one! Purchasing them will accentuate your elegant kitchen ambience. Hope this kitchen chimney buying guide helps you buy the best kitchen chimney India. For more information, you can visit the provider of the genuine review in India K2 Appliances.
People Also Viewed these Best Kitchen Chimney In India